The Algarve is considered the best place in the world to enjoy the reform.
The southernmost region of Portugal has everything a retired person may want:
- great weather and sunshine throughout the year, with more than 300 days of sun per year, more than any other part of Europe;
- the quality of universal health care and the so-called "medical tourism", which is growing due to its natural conditions known and appreciated worldwide, but also due to the excellent medical facilities;
- security because it is possible to walk on the streets at any time of the day unconcernedly;
- ease of communication due to the fact that English is a widely spoken language both in the Algarve and throughout the country thanks to strong historical and cultural links with the United Kingdom;
- low cost of living compared to other European destinations;
- cheap and sea-facing properties, we can find "super luxurious" properties and at the same time immovable with the "affordable" prices of an apartment in a city like Quarteira;
- and the tax benefits for retired persons granted by the RNH (Non-Resident Resident) regime, foreign pensions may be exempt from taxes for a period of up to 10 years.